Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

In article , D Smith wrote:

2) the rate of atmospheric CO2 increase is about half the rate of
release from fossil fuels. Thus, increased uptake from the biosphere or
oceans is NOT succeeding in removing all the extra CO2.

It would be more accurate to say that it has not succeeded in doing so to
date. Clearly, any increase in plant growth in response to increased
atmospheric CO2 would not be an instantaneous response; IOW, plant growth, and
the attendant removal of CO2 from the atmosphere, should be expected to lag
the increase in CO2 levels -- probably by many years: it takes a while to grow
a tree, you know. I'm not concerned that it hasn't happened yet; I would not
have expected it to.

--
Regards,