Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer Noozer is offline

Default wire colors

"Patt" wrote in message
news:iuPEh.1144796$5R2.691375@pd7urf3no...
The two wires coming from the ceiling electrical box are, one brown and
one red. To put in a new light fixture that has a black a white and the
ground wire,,,what wire goes to the brown wire and what to the red wire?
Regarding the green ground wire what would I do? Also if I was to put in
a light/ceiling fan what wires would go to the brown and red wires from
the ceiling.

On what planet, continent, country, district, county, borough and
neighbourhood.

Brown and Red by themselves doesn't sound like any legal wiring I've ever
heard of.

What colour matches to what on the light switch?