Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default compact fluorescent bulbs...extremely slow

In article , HeyBub wrote:
wrote:
The problem is in not knowing what "down" means.

Upside down = base up.

Well, that lets out most ceiling fixtures. Guess you can use 'em only in
lamps.

Anybody try a CFL in an oven or refrigerator?

I consider that not recommended, and also low on rate of payback even if
they do (*cough, sputter*) work well in such locations due to low usage.

Ovens require oven bulbs or appliance bulbs rated for such heat.

Also, I recommend against CFLs for motion sensor lights, lights in
bathrooms used mainly for short trips, and most usage of closet lights
due to low ontime per month and low onmtime per start.

- Don Klipstein )