Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default MFM controller cards

clifto wrote:
wrote:

I need to find at least one MFM HDD/floppy controller card to try to
get into my old system. My billing files and some other programs which
I would like to back up are on on these drives. I think my controller
failed. I could really use another of these drives if anyone has one
also but if not I would be happy just to find a controller board
initially. I'm running two Seagate St251 drives.

You're sure it was MFM? The 251's were often used with RLL controllers.

People often "cheated" and used MFM drives with RLL controllers, but the
ST-251 was designed as a 40MB MFM hard drive. It was original equipment
in the IBM AT.