Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Wet saw breaks tile at end of cut

On Feb 26, 10:56 am, "Andrew Duane" wrote:
The other suggestions about going slowly at the end are good, but I
also found that supporting both halves of the tile for that last 1/2"
works wonders. Luckily, I bought a bunch of extra field tiles to
experiment on.....

On Feb 26, 9:24 am, "Cactus Jack" wrote:

Hello, all. I recently bought a 7" wet tile saw. Nothing fancy, just
an inexpensive Home Depot saw. The saw does a great job of cutting;
however, on some types of tile, at the end of the cut it tends to chip
or break a corner off the tile. Does anyone know a way to prevent
this from happening? The only thing I've found that seems to help is
to slow down the tile feed to a creep as I approach the edge of the
tile, but this does not always prevent the chipping.

Thanks,
Jack

Am I missing something? My saw has a sliding table that supports the
whole tile. Are there saws where half the tile hangs off the edge of
the table??

JK