Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Weight of 32" to 35" flat screen CRT tv's?

"**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**" wrote in message
I am not going to further
burden my neighbors with this!

That's too bad, I was just going to ask for their PHONE NUMBERS!!! ;-)

I did look on the Sony site (thought of it right after I posted, naturally
;-\ ). They list their 36" FD TrinitronŽ WEGAŽ Digital TVKD-36FS170 as
weighing 216#s. Doesn't say though if this is shipping weight, though I'm
guessing the packing wouldn't add more than 20#s, if that. So the mothers
ARE heavy, and older examples probably even more so. I actually DID have a
larger TV, a Samsung LN-S4695D 46" LCD television, which I returned recently
due to dissatisfaction with the picture (cloudiness & poor shadow detail,
which I posted about here earlier). At this point, I'm waiting until 1080p
plasmas become more prevalent/CHEAPER. Would love to get this award-winning
50" Pioneer plasma,
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...043890,00.html
but at 8 grand, my wife'd kill me ;-) I thought a cheap used flat screen of
decent size would be a good stop-gab that we could move to the bedroom or
elsewhere later on. Having a helluva time going back to my 18 year old 25"
sharp!!!

Thanks for the replies.

Dan