Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley Charley is offline

Default Artificial Mica Lampshades for theater

There is a glass paint that's available in small bottle quantities from
craft stores (A C Moore) that's intended for making look-a-like stained
glass. The one that I'm thinking of is called Gallery Glass and it's
available in many colors. In it's wet state it is creamy and opaque but it
dries to a wavy clear tint. I've had excellent success making simulated arts
& craft lamp shades by painting clear glass with it.

Go to this website for information www.plaidonline.com/apGG.asp

--
Charley

"Richard" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi guys,

I am building some props for a show and the setting needs a couple of
Arts and Crafts style table lamps. I have no trouble making some
convincing props, but I would like to make some mica-like shades for
them. I've thought of using some heavy paper and tinting it, but are
there other inexpensive options that would be more convincing?

Thanks,
Richard