Posted to alt.home.repair
Old_Boat Old_Boat is offline

Default Wet saw breaks tile at end of cut

"Father Haskell" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Feb 26, 9:24 am, "Cactus Jack" wrote:
Hello, all. I recently bought a 7" wet tile saw. Nothing fancy, just
an inexpensive Home Depot saw. The saw does a great job of cutting;
however, on some types of tile, at the end of the cut it tends to chip
or break a corner off the tile. Does anyone know a way to prevent
this from happening? The only thing I've found that seems to help is
to slow down the tile feed to a creep as I approach the edge of the
tile, but this does not always prevent the chipping.

Might be the tiles. Denser, higher quality tiles from a tile store
will be less liable to chip.

If you are using the fence, make sure it is perfectly parallel to the blade
or it will chip the last little bit every time.

LJ