Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Are we over-regulated? Paralyzed by beurocracy...

Dave H wrote:
Any kind of property development seems to be a minefield of hidden and
ususpected regulation, here in the UK. Could I be forgiven for feeling
utterly paralyzed for fear of making a wrong move, or finding out too
late that I have made a wrong move? Are we way-over-regulated?

Dave H

No we are not - only the gullible are led to believe this is the case,
probably as a deterrent - anyone witth a bit of common sense knows where the
line is drawn and this applies to 'both sides of the coin' - BCO's are *not*
beligerent ogres who refuse to deviate from 'the rules' - rules are often
bent beyond recognition or plainly ignored by all concerned if there is no
alternative, likewise they aren't too interseted in part P or Fensa certs
neither, but estate agents are.