Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Ping Raden/Ed

In message , Mark
writes

FWIW
If you google Suprima PCB a number of people have said that re-soldering all
the suspect dry joints cured the problem.

Poor soldering's a major problem, however, doing it properly is
delicate and quite a lot of people make a mess of it.

You should also be aware that there have been two revisions to the pcb in an
attempt to fix this problem
The latest board (mid 2006) is very different to the original and come with
a completely new wiring harness,
*IF* you can get potterton to replace your pcb with the latest one at a
reasonable price this may be better then getting the old original
repaired/exchanged.

On what do you base this ?

The "IF" doesn't exist - they have a fixed price £185 + VAT (I think,
I'm not sure)

The new (Honeywell) pcb has plenty of faults of it's own, and once you
have opted for this, there is no going back

One of my recon pcbs is £50 + and still has a 12 month warranty, and
backup

--
geoff