Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Over-claimed efficiency of CFL energy saving light bulbs

On 26 Feb 2007 10:56:25 -0800, wrote:

They have never yet worked as advertised for me,
or many others.

advertising is usually bs, thats nothing new. You seem to be confusing
the hype with the bulb, and reaching illogical conclusions.

I've tried a number of CFLs, so far they have all been rubbish. They start
off poor and become worse fairly rapidly. They may well last for years as
the makers claim but the light output will fall off in a way that does not
occur with incandescent lights.

I have several 9-14W CFLs. I would say that each does exactly what it says
on the tin. A 9W CFL produced about 9W of output, and that's NBG.