Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default 3 years off -- how to store?

On 25 Feb 2007 12:05:14 -0800, "Never Enough Money"
wrote:

On Feb 25, 1:03 pm, "Never Enough Money"
wrote:
I'm taking a foreign assignment for 2 to 3 years. The company is
paying to store my household thing (which include my garage
woodworking shop). Any advice on how to pack/store my valuable Lie-
Nileson and Veritas tools, all my hand power tools (routers, jig saws,
etc). How about my table saw, band saw, drill press, etc.

I suppose the movers will five me some advice when they come to scope
out everything.

It's going to be tough not woodworking for 2 or 3 years but, hey, this
assignment is a chance of a lifetime.

No, selling is not an option.
No, letting you keep it while I'm gone is not an option.

TIA.

Plus, I have a lot of wood, some of it valuable. I'm sure movers
aren't going to sticker it.

The movers are going to treat your wood like it's scrap 2x4s. Or
worse. DAMHIK.

One suggestion is to hire someone (have your co. pay for it,
hopefully) to properly stack and sticker the wood - in some fashion
(groupings) that it doesn't take a crane to move it (I'd guess your
co. won't extend their generosity as far as supplying a crane or other
such heavy equipment. ;-)

Renata