Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Over-claimed efficiency of CFL energy saving light bulbs

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:20:19 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave
Plowman (News)" wrote this:-

But if you look at it another way, it's going to cost you *at least* three
times as much in electricity to get the same light output from a
conventional bulb as from a CFL.

Not to mention the cost of buying all the GLS bulbs that will be
needed to replace the one CFL bulb over its lifetime and install
them. The latter cost may be zero in a domestic setting.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh