Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Uninterruptible Power Supply question

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:57:59 GMT, wrote:

I know this isn't exactly OT for this group, but I couldn't find anything in
the comp.* tree that looked right.

I have 2 MGE UPS systems Pulsar 14+, that have been sitting around unused
for a year. (Long story about life getting in the way...) When last used,
they lit up and took a charge fine. I pulled them out today, now that I
finally cleaned out and rearranged my computer work area, and wanted to put
them back in service. Nada- no lights, no noise, no nothing. I expected the

What bob siaid. But while I'm here, every such thing I know should
work somewwhat or maybe well without batteries if you have AC. I
don't think this will help, but disconnect the batteries altogether
and see if all but one light lights. If not, start iwth the basics,
the cord, the switch, looking for damage on the circuit board.

Maybe check the lights too. Maybe they share a common ground that is
bad.

And check the output. Maybe you do have 110 coming out of it.

batteries to be flat, but the light for the incoming wall power doesn't even
come on.

Anybody out there (Jeff W.?) have any idea what is going on? These are from
a garage sale, so no docs. I looked on vendor web page, but didn't find
anything about dying in storage. Did the batteries (gel packs, like a fire
escape light?) crap out completely? They were never dropped, never frozen,
etc. Any point in trying to repair or replace the battery packs? Or are new
ones so cheap it isn't worth the bother? And just how do I get rid of these,
if they are junk?

aem sends....