Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] poison_1024@yahoo.com is offline

Default What is wrong with this shower diverter?

On Feb 25, 9:10 am, "Jack" wrote:
On Feb 25, 3:13 am, wrote:

wrote:
I have an Eljer shower faucet. When the water comes out at the bottom
into the tub all is great. When I turn the diverter to the shower I get
half water from the shower but still get the other half out the bottom.

I replaced my old diverter after measuring an 8% flow out of the bottom
and replaced the new one with a quarter-turn valve after measuring a 6%
flow out of the bottom.

Nick

Those Chinamen don't always assemble things correctly.

This thing was probably made in the late 50's. I doubt any chinamen
were working on Eljer shower faucets back then anyway.