Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Quick question about copper pipe soldering

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 01:21:12 GMT, Ken wrote:

For what it is worth, I too struggled with my soldering technique with
respect to copper tubing. The tip that helped the most for me was to
watch the bubbling of the flux. When it stopped, it was time to put the
solder on it, and remove the heat. Over heating causes the solder to
bubble out rather than flow. Practice is the best way to prepare for a
job. Good luck.

Not burning the flux is very, very important.

--
Oren