Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Quick question about copper pipe soldering

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:55:53 -0800, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
Usually if you see much green the copper is too hot. Even heating is
important. I just gently tap the joint with the solder until you feel/see
it melt, heat just a little more, then push the solder onto the joint. If
the surfaces are clean and well fluxed the solder should quickly flow into
and around the joint. Don't pile excess solder on, always a sign of
unprofessional work.

Well I'm all about unprofessional. However I do have about 10 elbows and
T's to practice with.

Apply heat on elbows on the outside radius. It will draw flux and
solder into the joint.

T's and couplings - heat in the center to have the same.

--
Oren