Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heating Problem - High Quote from Repairman

Some brands of parts are hard to find online. They are only sold
through the dealers. Lennox and Trane come to mind.

I've not done much Lennox service, so I'm not sure what the
prices are like. But that does sound high. Did you get it fixed?
Or find another company?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
: Hi,
:
: My heat stopped working yesterday, I've got a 5 year old lennox
G40
: furnace. He tells me the problem is the draft induction blower
motor,
: and that it's fried and needs to be replaced. I believe that
b/c it
: jsut hums when the heat is turned on, and thats as far as the
cycle
: goes.
: I'm already paying him $160 for coming out on the weekend and
he
: quotes me $1330.00 to fix it. After prodding a bit I found out
that
: the price for the work is "inflated a little" b/c it's a
weekend call
: (Saturday night). I pay him the $160 charge for coming out and
say "no
: thanks" to the rest of the work quoted.
: After some research on the web, I noticed that draft induction
: assemblies for this system average around $125. Unreal! I'm
furious.
:
: My questions a
:
: 1) Do all Heating and Air companies overcharge this much on the
: weekends? Is this normal? It does not seem right. (The company
is
: Hibner Heating and Air)
:
: 2) What is the average price to fix this, on a weekday...under
normal
: circumstances?
:
: Thanks for any help.