Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Quick question about copper pipe soldering

So far my efforts are working out learning how to do this, but I have a
couple of questions

I'm heating up the fitting and the flame on my torch turns green. I say
"Okay it's time to apply the solder" so I'm finding that I can't make it
around the entire circumference of the joint without reheating. Is that
normal or am I soldering too early?

Also, when torching a 1/2" fitting, I'm moving the flame around the heat the
fitting evenly - is that really necessary?

Anyways I don't need a primer on how to solder, there's plenty of resources
out there for that. But I just had a couple of questions about what I'm
seeing.