Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default 120V light on 240V?

"nads" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've just purchased 2 lights from the USA to be sent to the UK. Before
ordering I was told that the lights will be compatible with the UK
voltage!
Now there's a sticker on the light saying: "CAUTION - to reduce risk
of fire use 60Watt type b lamps MAX. only, 120V..."
What are the chances of me burning the house down? I'd really like to
rule this possibility out!
Please help anyone!!

Send them back. The light bulbs in the UK have a "bi-pin" (push & twist)
base whereas those in the USA are screw-in. They are completely
incompatible.

Buy the lights in the UK this way you know they'll work over there. Same
thing with cars & TV's.