Posted to rec.woodworking
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Is there a way to strip paint in the groove of wood paneling?

I have a family room that has natural wood beam ceiling, but the walls have
wood paneling that has been painted a dark brown.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1172459521

I am trying to decide whether I should strip the paint off the panels then
see what I can do with the paneling, versus ripping them all out and do
drywalls. Seems it's pretty easy to strip the paint off the surface of the
wood panels but the groove in between the panel is a challenge. Is the an
easy way or should I just rip them out and put them out of their misery?

Thanks!

MC