Dan Caster

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

I do not agree that you need to reduce the average class size. I do
agree that some class sizes need to be reduced, but some can be
enlarged. As far as I know there has been no studies that prove that
smaller class sizes improve learning.

If you got rid of the poorest 5% of the teachers and spread the
children amoung the remaining better teachers, you would probably
improve learning. Poor teachers are much more of a problem than large
class size in grades above about the fifth grade.

Also computers have been very poorly used in schools. In public
schools there is no incentive to use computers to reduce the numbers
of teachers needed. But computers could be used to provide individual
instruction tailored to each student. They would not replace
teachers, but could be used to find out exactly how well each student
has grasped the lesson and provide additional coaching on exactly what
is not understood. A good teachers does this. Using computers this
way is not feasible if each teacher has to develop a program. But it
would be feasible for the federal government to develop programs which
could be used all over the country.

Dan

Fitch R. Williams wrote in message

If you want to reduce class size, you need more teachers. Any attempt
to improve education that doesn't reduce class size is a joke.

Fitch