Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry Harry is offline

Default Measuring load on a circuit breaker.

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:10:17 -0600, "Don Young"
wrote:

I know they only send electrons, and they get them back. Why am I
being charged for them?

Why are you being charged for water, when they get most of that back
(city sewer)?

Now I understand things better. The power company sends clean electrons thru
the hot wire, they are used and get dirty in the house, and they go back to
the power company thru the neutral to be cleaned up and sent back out again
on the hot wire. I always wondered what that neutral wire was good for! 8)

Don Young

And why have 2 hot wires, when those electrons could fit in one?

I checked that out. The other hot is just a signal wire for the
[censored] evil mind reading and writing interfaces. The ones that
make sure you vote for the "right" candidate.

You didn't actually read that, for it has never been written.