Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] basingley@gmail.com is offline

Default Heating Problem - High Quote from Repairman

Yeah the $169 service charge I'm not upset about, it's the inflated
cost of fixing the motor that really bites me. What bothers me more
are the people that do not know any better (such as my grandmother,
single parents who are busy with kids and short on cash, etc.) that
may call them on a really cold weekend and are desperate for
heat...and they get screwed. When I get a decent company to isntall it
this week, I'm gonna run it by them and see what they think about all
of this.

I think I'm gonna use the serial number off of the furnace and order
the part online. If I cant get it on myself then I'll call another
repairman. From what I've read and researched it's just a couple of
wires to connect, no big deal.

Has anyone replace one before? Anything I need to know?

Thanks for reminding me about the warranty, but it's jsut over 5 years
old so it's not eligible.

Thanks again.