Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Use the chassis of a TV set (without picture tube) as a videosouce

John wrote:

I have a 5 years old RCA tv that required a new picture tube just
after de warranty had expired and the price for the installation of a
new tube was ridiculous. It was a good lemon but it was a lemon.
I would like to use the set as one more video source to drive an
external monitor ( it has pic on pic).
If I power the set without the picture tube and yoke load, will it
give nothing but sparks?
Then what do you suggest that I should disconnect in order to use it
as I mentioned.
I have the service manual some where and if I get some encouragement
from you, I will look for it.
Thanks in advance.
John

I really don't think that is a good idea.
The HV in the system is an integral part of not only supplying HV,
but, supplying other signals required for various processes like Low
voltage sources, signal references to monitor sync etc..

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5