Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John John is offline

Default Use the chassis of a TV set (without picture tube) as a video souce

I have a 5 years old RCA tv that required a new picture tube just
after de warranty had expired and the price for the installation of a
new tube was ridiculous. It was a good lemon but it was a lemon.
I would like to use the set as one more video source to drive an
external monitor ( it has pic on pic).
If I power the set without the picture tube and yoke load, will it
give nothing but sparks?
Then what do you suggest that I should disconnect in order to use it
as I mentioned.
I have the service manual some where and if I get some encouragement
from you, I will look for it.
Thanks in advance.
John