Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

On 25 Feb 2007 10:40:26 -0800, "Robatoy" wrote:

On Feb 25, 2:08 am, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/03/020329072043.htm

See what happens when you don't have Al Gore and the associated earth
worshipers around to warn you. (BTW, does anyone know what the CAFE
average was for cars 14,200 years ago?)

I decided that I should at least watch the Gore movie if I was to
comment on it.
I'm sure many of us here have seen it as well.
A couple of things jumped out at me as I watched the movie. An
excellent job at product placement by Apple Inc., where Gore is a
member of the Board of Directors. Gore used the program Keynote, also
by Apple, very well. (Keynote is a presentation program like
Powerpoint, but much nicer.)

I also read several bios on Gore. I'm impressed. This guy is no dummy.
So...

What bios would give that impression? He dropped out of Divinity school
and his undergraduate academic performance was below that of the person
people refer to as the dumbest president we ever elected. But that's a
different topic. (http://www.larryelder.com/Gore/goredubiousrecord.htm)

A lot of it sounds plausible, to me. But.. is it just another way to
spread fear? Is it Gore's 'terrists' fear mongering? I simply do not
know.

Maybe one of the things to ask is what would *not* be evidence of global
warming, and most especially man-caused global warming? Seems that no
matter what the weather pattern or weather event, it is all cited as
"evidence of global warming". More hurricanes than normal? Global warming
coming home to roost. Less hurricanes than normal? Evidence of the
extremes in weather patterns due to global warming. Hotter summers than
normal? Of course, global warming. Colder winter than normal? Again,
evidence of the extremes being caused by global warming.

So, given that everything observed is evidence of global warming, the
thing to ask the proponents of this theory, is "what evidence would be
required to refute this theory?" When everything is cited as evidence of a
theory and nothing as evidence to dispute it, then one needs to start
questioning the person postulating the theory.