Posted to uk.d-i-y
mmzz mmzz is offline

Default Is this floor plan legal? (re building regs)

An escape window is an alternative to having a direct route from a
ground floor room or a protected route (fire resisting enclosure to
stairs, fire doors) from a first floor room. It is allowed in a
second floor loft conversion, but only until April when the
Regulations change. Any higher, and a protected route or an
alternative route (another stair) is required.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

Is not a protected stair route required to meet regulations, even
with an escape window?. .I'm contemplating a loft conversion and it
is going to be very difficult to provide a protected stair route from
the ground to first floor. (First floor to loft would not be hard to
protect)
And I would be interested to know what the new regulations are, and
whether I need to get plans in quick