jim rozen

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

In article , Alan Moore says...

Another significant difference that has been reported is the degree of
autonomy the school has, with more autonomy corresponding strongly to
better education. A private school typically has a lot of autonomy. A
public school has to follow policies set by district and state, and,
if President Bush has his way, Federal government as well. That's the
opposite of autonomy, and counter to the President's _stated_ aims
with respect to public education. I won't comment on his actual aims.

This is what I *don't* get: why the anti-gummint folks are so
very eager to have federal control over a what has always been
a local matter.

It may just be that they know, the fastest way to screw something
up is to have the government do it. Or, it may be that most of
those 'central education authority' folks come from places where
public education is well below most states' norms. So they
want to equalize the playing field - by dragging the better
states down to their level!

Jim

please reply to: