Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Electical Problem...

Usual Suspect wrote:

Thus spake JANA:

This sounds like a grounding or neutral return problem. I strongly suggest a
qualified electrician. There can be serious safety hazard risks with bad
electrical wiring and installations.

OK, he needs an electrician, pronto.

But why does it sound like a neutral or ground problem? Couldn't it as well
be a problem with a hot conductor failing to make connection?

Is it because more than one outlet and lights too failed that points to a
neutral conductor? Being a common element among several circuits?

Thanks,

It's common to have romix or what ever used at the time to feed and
outlet and from there, feed the rest of the room, many times a wire can
be loose causing arching which maybe to main supply feed circuit for the
rest of the room..
You don't want this arching which indicates a poor connections which
in turn, causing heat to build up and then you know to rest of the story.
If you're lucky, it will simply burn away the connection with out
incident .

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5