Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default Battery desulfator

I know of few people who used a desulfator. It did the job, but only for a
short while. We think the plates inside the batteries took on some permanent
damage.

In the end, when we calculated the loss of time, the cost of the device to
do the desulfacation, and considering the potential unreliability of the
batteries, we came to the conclusion, it is better to buy new batteries,
maintain them, and they should last at least 3 to 5 years.

--

JANA
_____

"Ken G." wrote in message
I am looking into getting one of these to try to save several batterys
that are new but were stored to long without a charge such as the ``jump
start`` devices used to start cars and of coarse other used batterys .

I have been searching on the net for one that simply plugs into 120
volts for use inside . Most of them i see hook to 12 volts and stay in a
vehicle . Some 120 volt ones cost 500$ . I am looking for one around
100$ .

What can anyone say about these .