Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel Ken Weitzel is offline

Default Electical Problem...

mc wrote:
"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message
news:KP3Eh.132264$Oa.120600@edtnps82...
"DaveM" wrote in message
. ..

He doesn't understand that you can't reset the breakers while the overload
still exists.

That may be it. Quick solution is to stop using that heater. But all the
advice about calling an electrician still holds. There may be a very
hazardous problem with the wiring.

Hi...

Gives me flashbacks to the horror days of aluminum.

I'll second or third or wherever we're at to the motion to get an
electrician as soon as possible.

Meantime, plug in as little as possible. Turn on as few lights, etc.,
as possible.

At outlets that do have things plugged in and turned on, use the palm of
your hand to feel around the outlet, feeling for unexpected warmth.
Do the same at light switches that are turned on.

Check and double check the batteries in your smoke detectors.

And get it checked. Now.

Take care.

Ken