Posted to alt.home.repair
dreamchaser dreamchaser is offline

Default Heating Problem - High Quote from Repairman

That's ridiculous. I'd turn them into the Better Business Bureau. The
BBB does work too. I've called them to inquire about companies in the
past and get good information. I even turned in the guy that was
picking up my trash in Texas because he quit picking it up even after
we paid him. We pay him quarterly, he's been picking up our trash for
ten years. We forgot to pay the beginning of one quarter and notice
the trash isn't getting picked up, then send a check and he still
doesn't pick it up. The guy was a jerk anyways. So I turned him in.

This guy calls me one morning at 7am and proceeds to tell me I'm a
liar, yatta yatta, I had no reason to turn him into the BBB and on and
on. I had just woken up and it didn't sit right with me so I asked the
guy, "Are you lecturing me, because if you are, get a life" He went on
so I told him to go &*^( himself. Guess what, I got my refund back. So
the BBB does work. Turn those robbers in.

The air induction motors in some furnaces are just crap. My mother-in-
laws furnace had one that would hang up and not run. The bearings just
don't last. That part is really simple to replace, you should do it
yourself if you have some tools.