Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** is offline

Default Electical Problem...

I would like to reassure you that you need an electrician. I suspect you
have "back stabbed" outlets. The wires were stuck into holes in the back
of the outlet instead of wrapped around the screws. This is
unfortuantely perfectly acceptabe to UL, the NEC and most electricians.
However it is a cheezy practice that causes high resistance. If you plug
in a big load like a heater, the wires heat up and toast the insulation.
I am fixing those in this house I am in. Finding insulation cooked 3
inches from the outlet,

wrote:

Alright i'm just going to go ahead and establish the fact that i dont
know
anything about electric, so please keep the technical jargon to a
minimum. I'd appreciate it. Well okay the problem.

You see everytime i plug this heater in with another appliance the
outlet
doesn't work any more, or suddenly stops working. Well one day i had
the heater in with another appliace and it made half the outlets in
the
room unusable. Well i went down to the garage and turned off the
curcuits
breakers and cut them back on. When i went upstairs they still didn't
work
&& the lights dont seem to work either. The thing is though, non of
the lights
were on it was, the middle of the day their was no use for them. I
dont
understand why this is screwing up to much.

I know i probably need an electrician but i'd just like some people
who know
what they're doing to reassure me i do.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT