Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Ping Raden/Ed

raden wrote:

Although you do get cracked solder joints, there are other problems too

Oh that it was that simple

If I were an enterprising soul, I would be putting together a crack team
of gas boiler experts, electronic and software engineers and setting out
building a replacement PCB. It might not need to be reverse engineered
from the originals, such would be the expertise of the engineers to
design something from the ground up that does something useful with the
rest of Potterton's hardware. It would, of course, be submitted to
whatever regulatory body exists to certify it's use as part of a safe
gas appliance.

Then think of the potential market.

--
Adrian C