Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jake Jake is offline

Default Is this floor plan legal? (re building regs)

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:24:46 -0000, "tim....."
wrote:

Does that still make them a legal fire exit, do you know?

No it doesn't. (You can't smash through a DG window with
the things you will find in a bedroon)

But it's too late now.

I could change the windows to ones that have opening sections big
enough to climb through. Would that solve the issue?

I believe that putting the door the other side of the corner
so that it opens directly into the lounge and having a door
between the lounge and kitchen would be compliant, if
that is what you want to achieve.

Sorry I couldn't follow the above. Which door on the other side of
which corner?

But TBH the poor location of the bathroom would put me
off more than the (lack of an) escape route if there's a fire,

The bedroom has an en-suite shower and toilet - not shown in my
sketch. But, yes, the fire excape route, wouldn't put me off buying
either. I might have a large hammer hanging on the wall next to the
window if I was really worried! I am just trying to get a rough
undrstanding of my legal position. I am getting the impression that I
don't really need to worry too much. Yes?

Jake