Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default New photos of our house - NON speaker comment

On Feb 24, 12:11 pm, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
Galvanized isn't code for what? Code doesn't say galv is not allowed on
gas, it's just not preferred.

--
Steve Barker

"Big_Jake" wrote in message

oups.com...

Look closer - The gas line should enter on the left side of the gas
valve. It is open in the photo, so gas line isn't run yet.

BTW, Galvanized isn't code in my area, but black pipe would be.

JK

Galvanized is not allowed for gas in my area. I am in SE Wisconsin.
I am pretty sure that flex stainless lines are also a no-no for us on
water heaters. Here we see mostly black pipe, and occasionally flex
pipe such as Wardflex(tm) for "snaking" through floors and walls.

JK