Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default New photos of our house - NON speaker comment

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Galvanized isn't code for what? Code doesn't say galv is not allowed on
gas, it's just not preferred.

--
Steve Barker

Depends on where you live. I know for a fact that the town where I work will
not approve galvanized.
http://www.inspect-ny.com/plumbing/g...htm#gasfaults6
Safety warning: Check condition of flexible gas line connections: Caution:
we do not pull out appliances to look at gas line connections, but you
should do so, checking condition of flexible connections for leaks and
assuring that a shutoff valve is installed. Watch for leaks in those
flex-connector lines between gas line and the appliance as they are thin
wall and often corrode and leak. Gas leaks are dangerous. Safety warning.
Flexible soft copper piping has been used to supply municipal (natural) gas
to the
.... electric clothes dryer.
.... hot water heater.
.... heating system.
This is not a recommended installation and it may be prohibited by local
codes - "black iron" steel piping is required in many jurisdictions.