Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane vs Natural Gas

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in message
Hi Edwin,

Wow, that's brutal. Are you some distance from the line? My home in
Toronto was set back about 60 feet from the street but Consumer's Gas
installed the line and meter at no charge (this was ten years ago and
I have no idea if that's still their policy today). I think the whole
job took a couple of hours and there was no trenching or back filling
required. A very slick and, in this case, painless operation.

Cheers,
Paul

From street to house is not a big deal, but from the termination on the
existing street to the front of my house is the big expense. I guess the
gas utility does not see a payback so they don't care about adding just one
customer.