Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Weight of 32" to 35" flat screen CRT tv's?

Dan wrote:
I'm looking at buying a flat screen CRT type TV used on Craig's list. You
can get new ones for a couple hundred bucks, now that everyone's flocking to
flat panels. One listing
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/281025797.html claims the 32"
Trinitron Wega weighs "nearly 500 lbs". While I find this hard to believe,
it makes picking up/carrying such a set up the 2 flights of stairs out of
the question. Are these sets REALLY that heavy???

Thanks

Dan

I'm not sure about 500 lbs, but they are extremely heavy. I lifted one
side of a 32" Trinitron once and would estimate the set weighs close to
300 lbs. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to carry it very far.