Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Can't stop making these things

Unlike other types of woodworking, turning lends itself nicely
to doing variations of on an idea - in a relative hurry - with not
much wood. That's the nice thing about turning. The problem
is stopping. Why not do that idea in almond? Add an inside
lid with finial. Add a contrasting wood base. Make the finials
with two or more types of wood - the variations can be endless
-and easy to do.

Posted some pics of the current crop in a.b.p.w. - same subject
line as this post.

Next up, some sculpting with a small sanding disk. Then maybe
some piercing - oh and some inlaying might be interesting - maybe
epoxy in an amathyst cabachon on the lid instead of a finial . . .

I've got all this quarter sawn English Sycamore waiting to become
doors and drawer faces for the kitchen cabinets I should be working
on - but this turned lidded boxes thing . . .

charlie b