Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default I finally have a gloat!!!

Gloat? How about acts of kindness and appreciation rewarded?

Update - Removing fire smoke smell .... from furniture.

In appreciation for the lady allowing (our upholstery class) me the
opportunity to salvage antique furniture from her burned warehouse, I
elected to restore (woodwork) and reupholster a bergere chair she had
at school. Our teacher told her what I was doing. The lady called me
and told me she would allow me into her other warehouse and select
whatever else I may want. She mentioned that she had 2 Hepplewhite
dining sets and that I should consider getting one of them. She gave
me the impression I would not be limited to selecting just one item.
The bergere chair is beginning to look sharp, again.

She visited us, at school, yesterday (Friday) and asked if I would
reupholster her car.... she, insisting on being a regular paying
customer. Note: We are not allowed monetary pay for school related
projects (assignments), however we are able, if advanced enough, to
accept outside jobs. Many people get to know our personal work,
during school, before we become certified, and trust, us, in our
growing ability for private work. I had restored/reupholstered a
bergere chair and matching stool, of my own, last semester, and she
knew my work with that.

I seem to have scored thrice: It pays to show kindness and
appreciation to someone (large returns when least expected), I think I
have an excellent reference for future upholstery work, and I have
some really nice gifts (of salvaged antique furniture, plus more that
has been offered).

Sonny