IMM

Default Megaflow Query

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
The Range Cylinders models are reasonable. Christian is pricing them up
right now. I think he is going that way.

Nah. I've gone for a 180 litre indirect DPS Pandora fed by a Bosch

Worcester
Greenstar 28HE II System installed in the loft on a Honeywell 'S' plan,
zoned for water, upstairs, downstairs and conservatory. The conservatory
might be wet underfloor or forced convection radiator, but haven't decided
yet (or even built it). The loft is already boarded, with lighting and
mounted loft ladder, so it is a practical place to put it.

My biggest fear with the heat bank is that drawing water will kill the

heat
stratifiction, leading to hot water reducing below 55C when there is still
energy in the system. I'm hoping storing 180L at 75C will overcome any

such
problems. My water is hard as nails, so the removable external heat
exchanger able is a big plus that can be stuffed with Viakal or replaced

as
required.

Christian,

Heat banks have spreaders to prevent destratification. Put a phosphor
descaler on your system. the plate heat exchanger resists scale as the
plates bend preventing scale from building up. And as you say, you can take
it out and descale it.

What do DPS charge for 180 Pandora heat bank?

---