Posted to alt.home.repair
CDET 14 CDET 14 is offline

Default Kenmore Dryer Model # 11060622990 Thermostat?

On Feb 24, 3:00 am, wrote:
Im sure it is not a problem with the duct work. It has been checked and I
have moved since this started but yet the problem still exists.

"jackson" wrote in message

. ..

questioned in message
Hi I was hopeing that someone could help me with this iussue that I am
having with my electric dryer. About 2 months ago I stuck my hand inside
of the dryer to check the clothes and it was extremely hot. I am pretty
certain that it should not get this hot. Well, for about the past month
and a half or so it takes a really long time to dry the clothes. On
average 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours for one load, and sometimes they are still
damp after that. I disconnected the power and took a look at the heating
element and there is no visible signs of it being burnt up or damaged. I
also checked for lint blockage and there is none. My question being, does
this sound like a thermostat problem? And if so it appears as if there
are two thermostats, one on the heater element, and one on the blower
side.I do not have a Ohm Meter or anything that I could test it with. Any
Ideas? Thanks in advance,

Greg

First thing to check is if your vent and duct work to the outside is
clear/clean, not just inside the dryer, although get that clean while you
are there. If your dryer seems 'hot' your clothes would dry faster unless
of course there was a problem/restriction venting the heat & humidity.....- Hide quoted text -

Just to be sure, try drying a load of clothes but disconnect the
transition duct (the accordian duct that runs from the dryer to the
wall) from the wall and put pantyhose on the end of that duct to catch
the lint. If the clothes dry in under 30 minutes, then there is a
blockage in the wall duct. You can clean this out yourself or call a
chimney sweep.

If this is not the problem, wash the lint screen with soap and water
and try again.

BTW, is your dryer in a utility closet? If so, make sure the door is
open a few inches while the dryer is running to supply make-up air.

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com