Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Water In Crawl space during Home Inspection- Charlotte- NC

On Feb 23, 10:51 pm, "sanjiv" wrote:
Bought a new home and before closing had it inspected. Well The
biggest problem that came was Water in The crawl space. The builder
has platic material all laid in the crawl space but on the corner of
the house one could see atleast 6-7 inches of standing water . How
will the water go away ?

Secondly the inspector took a 2 foot iron stick and could easily
penentrate it in the ground. It was easy because the ground was so
soft with water ? Was it surface water ..I am very doubtful ..can it
be ground Water ..maybe ?

So with all the water there and watery conditions ..And due to lack of
rain ..i am sure that when it rains it wil lbe a big problem as marshy
conditions will create mold, etc in crawl space and then eventually
bad air in the house

the inspector told me that French drains or sump pumps are good short
term solution ?

I am reall ylooking for long term solution and since i have not done
my closing on the house what can I say to the builder to have it fixed
and then do the closing . What are really long term solutions that
will work ?

Is there any kind of law in NC that houses cannot be sold with water
in crawl space or something like that ?

Thsk in advacne for your help

see:
http://www.buildingscience.com/bsc/r...ns/default.htm