Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Battery desulfator

(Ken G.) writes:

I am looking into getting one of these to try to save several batterys
that are new but were stored to long without a charge such as the ``jump
start`` devices used to start cars and of coarse other used batterys .

I have been searching on the net for one that simply plugs into 120
volts for use inside . Most of them i see hook to 12 volts and stay in a
vehicle . Some 120 volt ones cost 500$ . I am looking for one around
100$ .

What can anyone say about these .

But do these really work?

I can only recall 1 or 2 replies with actual success stories, and at least 1 of
those could have been a situation where the battery was caught just in time
so that there was minimal sulfation.

If I have a battery that's been sitting around discharged for a year, will
anything help?

Comments?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/