Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Digital TV on a computer ( off topic I suppose)

"Someone" wrote in message
Please forgive me for this. I did ask on the proper newsgroup but I made a
spelling error and some thought it was funny enough to comment on that
rather than offer help. I know people here are generally nicer.

I run my main TV from a digibox attached to an indoor aerial. I have
always supposed we have a pretty strong signal because we get all the
digital channels quite easily.

I bought a singing and dancing computer which is supposed to run digital
and analogue TV from an aerial socket. I have this in a different room .
I am not technical I dont know how it works. It came with a stick thing
aerial. I plugged it in and picked up 23 channels. Then suddenly they
disappeared - or rather they were all blank, happened over night.

Since then I have been trying all things to get the channels back ( swing
aerial etc) and have even put a larger indoor aerial on the computer to
see if that works. To date I have only managed to get a noisy analogue
picture with a UHF aerial on three channels and no joy at all on digital.

If I got a new aerial ( bigger one with a booster or whatever) might this
fix the problem or does this all singing monster have to be sent packing
back to its makers?

Any advice on this? Any experience of this?

Just try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers for the "stick thing"

Hope that helps,

John.