Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob Bob is offline

Default They did it again!

"Tockk" wrote in message
. ..

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
AL wrote:

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already
have a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US
Department of Redundancy Department...

AL

Better yet, let's dump pennies s n i p

I read (somewhere) that the penny is worth about 1.2 cents in material.
If material costs continue to rise, they're gonna have to find something
else to manufacture it out of (plastic?) or else discontinue it. Either
way, you might want to start stockpiling all your pennies now, in the
eventuality that you'll be able to sell them for a profit.

According to comments on the coin collecting ng, there is a recent law
making it ilegal to melt pennys, I guess due to the expense of making new
ones.

Bob