Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default Kenmore Dryer Model # 11060622990 Thermostat?

questioned in message
Hi I was hopeing that someone could help me with this iussue that I am
having with my electric dryer. About 2 months ago I stuck my hand inside
of the dryer to check the clothes and it was extremely hot. I am pretty
certain that it should not get this hot. Well, for about the past month
and a half or so it takes a really long time to dry the clothes. On
average 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours for one load, and sometimes they are still
damp after that. I disconnected the power and took a look at the heating
element and there is no visible signs of it being burnt up or damaged. I
also checked for lint blockage and there is none. My question being, does
this sound like a thermostat problem? And if so it appears as if there are
two thermostats, one on the heater element, and one on the blower side.I
do not have a Ohm Meter or anything that I could test it with. Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Greg

First thing to check is if your vent and duct work to the outside is
clear/clean, not just inside the dryer, although get that clean while you
are there. If your dryer seems 'hot' your clothes would dry faster unless
of course there was a problem/restriction venting the heat & humidity.....