Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Water In Crawl space during Home Inspection- Charlotte- NC

You need to have someone look at the problem. Is it underground water
coming up? Don't buy the house in that case. But if it is poor grading
that can be fixed. Call your town's building inspection department and tell
them about the problem. I don't think the house can get a Certificate of
Occupancy with that problem.

How to fix it. If you are near Raleigh, I used Regional Waterproofing once
on a crawl space house and they did a good job. Over 10 years ago but they
are still around. Call them up and see what they think. But if it is an
underground stream, find another house.

Ideally you want an outside french drain that uses gravity and an inside
french drain with a sump pump. I would call that a permanent solution if
done correctly.

"gpsman" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 23, 11:14 pm, "Eigenvector" wrote:
brevity snip

I'd run away. 6 or 7 inches of water is bad mojo. Maybe not for the
house,
but imagine all the snakes, mosquitos, rats, and other slimy vermin that
would romp and play down in that crawlspace. Imagine what it would be
like
the next time a hurricane slammed through the area?

Seconded. Not to mention mold.

That's a -serious- water problem, and would be expensive to fix.
-----

- gpsman